Attorney Christine Chu joined Siegel & Kaufman, P.C., as an Associate Attorney in 2020. Prior to joining Siegel & Kaufman, Attorney Chu was an Associate at Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel, LLP, an Am Law 100 firm in New York City, where she focused primarily on Employment Law, advising and defending employers in a variety of employment-related matters. During that time, Attorney Chu’s practice also included litigating family law matters involving child support and child custody issues, all on a pro bono basis.
Attorney Chu obtained her Bachelor of Arts from CUNY, Queens College, where she majored in Political Science and minored in Psychology. Thereafter, Attorney Chu obtained her Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from St. John’s University School of Law, where she was a Senior Staff member of the St. John’s Law Review and the Executive Director of the Frank S. Polestino Trial Advocacy Institute. Attorney Chu participated in numerous national mock trial competitions and won First Place at the Buffalo Niagara Invitational National Mock Trial Tournament in 2015. Attorney Chu was the recipient of numerous awards, including the Esterina Giuliani Award upon graduation, for achieving the highest cumulative grade point average in the evening division, the Justice Albert Bosch Award for excellence in trial advocacy, the Pro Bono Service Award, and the New York City Trial Lawyers Alliance Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy.
For nearly 10 years, including during law school, Attorney Chu worked in a variety of law firm roles, including as a paralegal and office manager. During this time, she worked closely with attorneys on a broad variety of cases involving criminal defense, matrimonial and family law, commercial litigation and bankruptcy law. During law school, in addition to working full time, Attorney Chu worked as a summer intern with the intake bureau of the Queens County District Attorney’s Office in the evenings and also worked as a law clinic intern in the Queens County District Attorney’s Office Prosecution Clinic, where she prosecuted misdemeanor domestic violence cases under the supervision of an assistant district attorney.
Christine Chu, Esq., is a member of the New York Bar and is currently pending admission to the Connecticut Bar.
- St. John's University School of Law, New York, New York
- Juris Doctorate
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Executive Director of the Frank S. Polestino Trial Advocacy Institute
- Honors: First Place at the Buffalo Niagara Invitational National Mock Trial Tournament in 2015
- Honors: Esterina Giuliani Award
- Honors: Justice Albert Bosch Award for excellence in trial advocacy
- Honors: Pro Bono Service Award
- Honors: New York City Trial Lawyers Alliance Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- CUNY, Queens College
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Psychology
- New York
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel, LLP, Associate
- Queens County District Attorney’s Office Prosecution Clinic, Law clinic intern
- Intake bureau of the Queens County District Attorney’s Office, Summer intern
Classes & Seminars
Fraternities or Sororities
Certified Legal Specialties
- New York Bar Association, Member
Current Employment Positions
- Associate Attorney