Ross M. Kaufman, Esq. has been a member the Connecticut Bar since 2005. Attorney Kaufman attended the University of Colorado, Boulder where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature in 1999. Thereafter, he earned his Juris Doctorate from the New York Law School in 2003, where he was an academic invitee of the New York Law School Law Review and received the New York Law School Scholarship for Academic Achievement. Upon graduation, he served as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Irvin J. Snyder of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Criminal Part.
Attorney Kaufman began his legal career in the area of criminal defense and personal injury, practicing in both New Jersey and Connecticut for several years. In 2008, after developing an interest in family law, he opened the Law Offices of Ross M. Kaufman, LLC in Southport, Connecticut and began focusing on matrimonial litigation. In October 2011, Attorney Kaufman joined the boutique matrimonial firm of Siegel, Reilly & Conlon, LLC, in Stamford, Connecticut, where he honed his skills in all areas of family law, including divorce, custody and child support, post-judgment enforcement and pre-marital agreements. In 2016, he was promoted to Partner upon the formation of Siegel, Reilly & Kaufman, LLC, the predecessor practice to his current firm of Siegel & Kaufman, P.C.
Attorney Kaufman is a member of the American and Connecticut Bar Associations as well as the Fairfield County, Greater Bridgeport and Greenwich Bar Associations in Connecticut. Since 2014, he has served on the Board of Directors of the Fairfield County Bar Association (FCBA) and recently completed a multi-term tenure as Co-Chair of its Family Law Section.
In 2012, Attorney Kaufman attended the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers National Institute for Family Law Associates. He has also been a featured presenter on the following matrimonial topics:
- NBI - Division of Assets and Finding Hidden Assets (2013)
- CT Bar Association - Family Law Practice Essentials "Alimony and Property Division" (2014)
- Dan v. Dan and the Effective Lifestyle Analysis (2015)
- NBI Advanced Family Law Seminar - Presenter (2015)
- Automatic Orders: How to Avoid Problems and What to Do When They Happen (2017)
Attorney Kaufman is proud to have been recognized as follows:
- Super Lawyer, by New England Super Lawyers Magazine in the area of Family Law (2017, 2018)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, by New England Super Lawyers Magazine in the area of Family Law (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Connecticut Magazine Top Attorneys - Rising Star (2012, 2015), Top Attorney (2013), and Outstanding Young Lawyer (2014)
- American Society of Legal Advocates Top 40 Family Lawyers Under 40, Connecticut (2016)
In his free time, Attorney Kaufman volunteers with the Stepping Stones Museum for Children in Norwalk, Connecticut He currently resides in Easton, Connecticut with his wife and two children.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law